Radiation Safety,Training, and NDT Level III Consulting
Founder & President
William C. Plumstead Sr. founded PQT Services, Inc. in 1994 after more than thirty (30)
years of continuous technical and management experience in quality assurance and
nondestructive examination with corporate employers.
Mr. Plumstead is a licensed professional engineer with an MBA. He is a
current ASNT NDT Level III and ACCP Professional Level III
in five (5) methods
and a Registered Radiation Safety Consultant.
Previous certifications include AWS CWI (Certified Welding Inspector) for
twelve (12) years, Navships 250-1500-1 Examiner for nine (9) years, and an
Examiner for the South Carolina Quality Award.
Professional society involvement includes:
- Chairman of the Board for ASNT (1995-96)
- President of ASNT (1994-95)
- Chairman of the National Certification Board for ASNT (1989-93)
- Awarded the status of ASNT Fellow in 1979
- Chairman of ASTM Committee E-7 for Nondestructive Testing (1996-98)
- Honorary member of the ASTM E07 Executive Committee
- Received the Committee E07 Charles W. Briggs award in 1993
- ASTM Award of Merit and title of Fellow granted in 2000
William C. Plumstead Jr. joined PQT Services, Inc. in 2004 after more than twenty (20)
years working in the computer industry. Mr. Plumstead began his NDT career
in 2004 as a technician. He is a current ASNT NDT Level III
in three (3) methods, a licensed IRRSP Radiographer
in both Gamma and X-Ray and a Registered Radiation Safety Consultant.
He also has technical knowledge and practical experience in
three (3) additional methods. In 2006, he developed and implemented the
website for online NDT training.
Mr. Plumstead is a member of ASNT and serves as Secretary of the Penetrating
Radiation Committee. He is also a member of ASTM International E07 Nondestructive
Testing Committee and serves as Membership Secretary and Vice Chairman of the
Editorial Review Subcommittee. He holds a bachelor of science degree.
RADIATION SAFETY AND NDT LEVEL III CONSULTING SERVICES
Outside NDT Level III services and specific outsourcing task services offer
- Development and Review of Written Practices and Procedures
- Training and Certification Services
- Vendor Audits and Qualification Surveys
- Radiographic Interpretation
- Third Party Problem Resolution
- Annual and Quarterly Radiation Surveys
- Expert Witness Services
PQT Services, Inc. has been privileged to serve such clients
- AlliedSignal Aerospace
- Coltec Delavan
- Fluor Daniel, Inc.
- Florida Power & Light Co.
- General Electric Company
- National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors
- Portland General Electric W.R. Grace Company
Outsource your nondestructive testing needs with
PQT Services, Inc.
Providing value and service excellence to our clients
is not only our mission, it's an obsession.